Where Ladybugs Roar

Confessions and Passions of a Compulsive Writer

Monday, June 21, 2010

Writerly Moments

I'm on vacation right now, so I'll be light on the internet right now.

The longer I'm writing full-time--the more I find my brain trying to capture moments in words. My niece was married on Saturday. She was beautiful. Not in the sophisticated "I spent millions" fashion-conscious way. She was perfectly happy in the moment. Instead of being jealous--I was more aware of how perfect moments can be. It was too windy. Her dress was too "cream-colored" to wear in the temple. Not all her family could be there. It was so far from perfect, but she was marrying someone who she was so deeply in love with. Imperfect moments can be perfect. I don't think pictures will capture that and probably even my words won't.

There are so many moments in our life that are about the context and the feelings. Your first kiss. Your first love. The day you graduate. The birth of a child.

In this dystopian WIP, I'm trying to grab these moments in a setting that is far from perfect. In fact, that's the definition of a dystopian. An imperfect and flawed society. I'm loving this dystopian and it's going well.

Next week, I'll be back to normal. Things are going well. I have eight fulls/partials out right now. I'm afraid to jinx things, so I don't want to say more.

My son did manage to injure me rather impressively. He jumped on my back while I was laying down. His knees may have cracked one of my ribs. I've been on ibuprofen in massive amounts. This certainly wasn't in the plans for our trip. I'm hoping enough meds will help me pretend I'm not in pain so we can do the things we planned.

Have a wonderful week everyone.

1 comment:

  1. Oh my goodness, I know a cracked rib can be so painful. I hope the ibuprofen helps. ((hugs))

    ReplyDelete