Ninety-nine things about me:
1. I was named after the Wendy in Peter Pan.
2. I have severe and clinical Obsessive Compulsive Disorder.
3. I'm not obsessively clean--not all those with OCD are.
4. I have two kids with high-functioning Autism.
5. I've lived in California, France, Florida, Las Vegas, Utah, and now I live in Washington.
6. I was a military brat... my dad retired, but I'm still a brat.
7. I married my husband over 13 years ago after a five month courtship.
8. I don't like even numbers... such as this one.
9. My favorite TV shows are Castle and Psych.
10. I'm allergic to living... practically... I'd list my allergies, but that would give those trying to kill me ammunition.
11. I'm not paranoid.
12. I write prolifically due to insomnia and obsessive writing.
13. I've had insomnia since childhood.
14. It's usually related to my OCD... and hormones.
15. I used to work as a Barney impersonator.
16. No... really, I did. I quit because it got to be too violent and dangerous.
17. No, really, it did. I had a bunch of teenage boys punch in me in the stomach and I also had someone rip off my head. My Barney head, of course.
18. I was 18 at the time and weighed around 105 lbs... they were really brave for picking on a girl... who did a ripping-awesome Barney voice.
19. No, I won't do the voice.
20. My favorite book is To Kill a Mockingbird... or maybe The Plague.
21. The color orange makes me happy.
22. Wearing gray makes me look sickly.
23. I have eclectic taste in music. You should check out the playlist here for a few examples.
24. My dog and I, when we run, have been running the same route for three years.
25. If Nanaimo, my dog, gets loose... he runs the route without me rather than exploring. I've ruined him.
26. I named our dog after Nanaimo bars... not after the city in BC.
27. In three week, I'll go to Disneyland without my kids... this will be my fourth year doing this "girl's weekend" with a friend.
28. Clowns freak me out.
29. My aunt was a clown.
30. They still freak me out.
31. My middle name has been passed down for three generations and my daughter has it too.
32. No, freaky stalker, I won't tell you what it is.
33. I'm not paranoid.
34. I hate driving.
35. I once owned a sports car... an ex of mine hoped a cool car would make me like driving.
36. It sorta worked, but I don't have that car anymore... so I'm back to hating driving.
37. I like prime numbers... especially odd, prime numbers.
38. Except the number five... I have a bad memory association with that number so I don't like it.
39. I haven't picked a single genre to write in yet.
40. Or an age group to write for.
41. Text speak makes my eyes explode when I read it.
42. I suffer from agoraphobia and if I stay inside for long periods of time due to sickness, it's hard for me to leave my house.
43. It's mostly because the world is a dirty ugly place filled with germs... and covered in dirt.
44. I don't like camping.
45. It seems like a slap in the face of all our wonderful technology to go without it.
46. Plus, I'm fond of indoor plumbing.
47. I was going for a Bachelor's in English at BYU when I went through Spring and Summer classes after two full semesters and burnt myself out in German classes.
48. I took three semesters of foreign language classes to avoid a single math class.
49. I hate math.
50. My favorite college class was a Linguistics class. I found the study of language to be fascinating.
51. Least favorite college class was Physical Science.
52. I only attended that class once before I stopped and just showed up for tests.
53. I went to a vocational school to become an optometric assistant.
54. I managed an optical for several years before getting pregnant.
55. I've had a lot of miscarriages.
56. The last day of my job (which was very stressful) was the first day of the pregnancy which finally stuck.
57. I like cupcakes more than cake.
58. I really like red velvet cake even though it's possibly the most unhealthy type of cake on the planet.
59. Typically I don't like foods that stain.
60. I don't like red punch for that reason.
61. I like fry sauce.
62. I'm LDS--Latter-day Saint... Mormon. I don't debate, though.
63. I'm also rather irreverent... especially on Twitter.
64. I'm pro-vaccine although my son was vaccinated on a delayed schedule after my daughter was diagnosed.
65. Actually, I don't like to debate much of anything. I'm very non-confrontational.
66. I like fires.
67. I don't like smoke.
68. I like wooden rollercoasters.
69. I like this number because I'm immature.
70. I read really fast.
71. I can't read while I'm in the middle of an obsessive writing jag or deep in revisions because it stalls out the voices in my head.
72. I like to paint, but I don't paint often anymore.
73. I painted the painting at the top of my blog.
74. It's based on an experience we had with B back when she was non-verbal and newly-diagnosed. We were working on animal noises and she made a ladybug puppet roar. It meant something to me.
75. It still does.
76. I come from a big family. We're not dysfunctional at all... which makes this line rather boring.
77. We went to Vancouver Island for our honeymoon which is when I first had a Nanaimo bar. Victoria is one of the most beautiful places on the planet.
78. I'm afraid of growing old.
79. I'm hoping to die long before I get incontinent.
80. You don't need to help with that, by the way... it was just a comment.
81. I'm not paranoid.
82. I'm superstitious even though it makes no sense and I don't like that about me.
83. I try not to walk under ladders. *knocks on wood*
84. I love haunted houses.
85. The Ring is the scariest movie I've ever seen.
86. I'd rather have a hurricane than an earthquake. Earthquakes are freaky.
87. I like thunderstorms but not windstorms.
88. The sound of a tree falling is one of the eeriest sounds I've ever heard.
89. Ditto on a coyote's cry.
90. I live in a rural area near a forest where bears live.
91. I had to stop running for a bit three years ago after a nearby bear attack.
92. I love shopping on Think Geek.
93. I like to eat seafood but I don't like the smell.
94. I'm very anti-gun.
95. My brother-in-law is a cop, and I think that's awesome.
96. My life is full of contradictions.
97. I love the Robert Frost poem "Fire and Ice."
98. I think the world will end in fire... or a zombie apocalypse.
99. This list will end here.