Where Ladybugs Roar

Confessions and Passions of a Compulsive Writer

Saturday, October 3, 2009

It was a dark and stormy night....

So, on odd years, there is a cool short-story contest put on:

Mary Wollstonecraft Shelley Award for Imaginative Fiction

November is NANOWrimo (National Novel Writing Month)

I need to get a lot accomplished today which includes getting rid of a migraine. I took a sleeping pill last night to deal with it. (I'm beyond the sissy RX pills... and so I can only take pills if it's vital. It felt vital last night.)

So, cleaning... laundry... and so on. I got three copies of my latest rewrite of my first Honor book, and Stephanie promised to mark it up for me. I'm trying to figure out who else is likely to go through and mark things. The husband might have to... due to his great love for me.

Oh... for those that print out "proofs" on Lulu, they have a sale right now that is awesome. It's called the 10-4 sale and you get $10 off four books by entering in the couponcode TEN4 at checkout. (It ends on 10/4... of course.) My books typically cost me around $7 a piece and they're between 300-400 pages in the digest format. So, $10 off of $28... is a rocking deal.

Anyway, I should get to it.

Ta!

No comments:

Post a Comment