Where Ladybugs Roar

Confessions and Passions of a Compulsive Writer

Thursday, September 17, 2009

Aww crap... a nicely worded rejection

Well, I will say that this is the nicest rejection I've ever actually seen:

Dear Ms. Sparrow,

I passed your ms along to our second reader, and she wrote the following:

This is interesting, but not really there yet. The author's sense of pacing needs work. Some stuff probably needs to be brought out sooner to make better sense to the reader. Better character development would help too. I think she has talent, but isn't publishable yet.

I'll add, please consider us in the future, and best possible luck with your writing.

On a positive note, I made it through to a second reader. I didn't get rejected right at the first reader. That has to be good, right? Anyway, I have the feeling that if I wasn't feeling so crappy, I'd feel more crappy about this. The squishy med-head is actually helping. It'll give me the chance to revise and rework and maybe go back to looking for an agent.

I'm going to eat some ramen and get back to work on this other thing.

No comments:

Post a Comment