Where Ladybugs Roar

Confessions and Passions of a Compulsive Writer

Tuesday, September 29, 2009

Wide Awake

Insomnia can be so stinking hilarious. It's just one little irony after another.

Well, I wrote the end of Honor Six... but I still have the middle to work out, so don't get excited. It's rare for me to write the end before I get there. In fact, I think I've only done this with one other book, but I could be wrong. This is more of the epilogue, though, and it's funny. Sometimes I'm in the mood for a little humor. I'd told the husband a while ago how this was going to end up and it was making me laugh just talking about it. Honor is just so freaking hilarious at times. She's violent and smarts off... what's not to love? With my OCD meds destroying my memory, it's funny every time I read it too. (How's that for a silver-lining?)

Uh oh... I think B is awake. B is a poor sleeper too due to insomnia... and OCD. She has been having a lot of night wake-ups. I remember when I had her, people told me that I wouldn't sleep through the night for the whole first year. Eight and a half years later, I've looked forward to the husband and my anniversary trips just to get a full night's sleep. (Sad, but true.) It's this beautiful moment that always happens. We look deeply into each other's eyes... sigh in ecstasy just before we both say, "I'm totally looking forward to a good night's rest."

T is a poor sleeper too, because he sleep walks. It's the freakiest thing I've ever seen. I never believed sleep-walking stories. T wanders around and is impossible to wake.

They both still have night terrors.

Cursed. We're all cursed... well.. except for the husband who can fall asleep at will... which makes me curse him. So, really... we're all cursed.

2 comments:

  1. I didn't expect to laugh at all this, but your humor always comes through...even when you're talking OCD, insomnia, night walking, night terrors and curses! The only thing to do about a curse is figure out the witch you aggravated and offer her a dead chicken or something.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Poor things, maybe one day. I'm like your husband, but after my daughter was born with a seizure disorder where she would stop breathing and require CPR, I lost the ability to sleep. I think she was around 9 or 10, before I started getting good rest again. It's a good thing too, b/c with age my body is demanding it.

    ReplyDelete